8 Supply Chain Trends
Supply chain efficiency and warehouse management software go hand-in-hand because technology is the tool that integrates and enables the operations to proceed smoothly. In 8 Trends Boosting Supply Chain Efficiency, Phil Britt lists some of the top Supply Chain Trends impacting supply chains and logistics:
- Next-Generation Order Management Systems — intelligent omni-channel software that allows inventory to be selected and shipped from a warehouse, supplier, store, or any other site in the enterprise.
- Global Supply Chain Compliance — different countries have different regulations, and doing business globally means complying with the various laws that apply to business operations.
- Mobile Apps in the Warehouse — with a smartphone (usually an iPhone) and the right app, logistics tasks are easily accomplished.
- iBeacons in the Warehouse — these can quickly locate an item within 5-10 feet and improve inventory management.
- Big Data Paying Off — years of collecting information is now being used to supply in-depth logistic detail and maximize logistic efficiencies.
- Automated Data Exchange — instead of entering data manually, automation enables the flexibility of real-time status updates and immediate action.
- IoT Information — as the Internet of Things (IoT) connects equipment, sensors provide real-time data on potential maintenance needs and more.
Software With Support
All these Supply Chain Trends increase the efficiency of a warehouse, but they come with the challenge of finding the right software to do the job. With ChainDrive’s Warehouse Management System component, the software is customizable so you get exactly what you need. It also comes with stellar professional support, so your team can be confident that development, training, troubleshooting, and future adaptations are able to keep up with whatever the trends of the future entail.