Meet The Challenge Of Children’s Shoes
Managing a retail children’s shoe store can be challenging but when run successfully that store will have loyal customers willing to come to you for years. Children are your primary customers and including their opinions in your integrated retail management solution will help you analyze intelligently so you can create strategies that work well in this niche. Here are a dozen of the best tips for kid’s shoe stores:
- don’t just have shoes…make your store a one-stop shop for the socks and accessories appealing to impulse buys
- carry enough sizes in each style to fit any customer
- offer the same style at several price points
- keep inventory current by maintaining a clearance section
- be kid friendly…provide a safe play area nearby for siblings
- make it easy for kids to see the shoes and say what they like
- host events like book giveaways, tie-your-shoes workshops, soccer tips if you sell cleats, etc.
- window displays should be geared to your products, simple, and updated about every six weeks
- sponsor local teams, especially if you sell shoes for that sport or activity
- local charity events that involve walking and running are a natural fit for shoe stores
- provide family-friendly restrooms with diaper changing areas
- develop an authoritative online presence by providing content that meets your customers’ needs and answers their questions about children’s shoes
Your staff should be reliable for expert fitting advice. Keep them that way with regular training, vendor workshops, and emphasizing customer service. Parents will go out of their way to buy affordable shoes that fit at a store that their kids enjoy coming to.
ChainDrive’s software solution includes tools that are specifically designed for the complexities of footwear retailing.