Optimize Transfers With Integrated Functionality
Moving inventory, consolidating stock, and various special order tasks should not occur in a data vacuum. Product Management is only effective when the intelligent integration of information is utilized to optimize transfers.
What Should You Know Before Transfer?
Transfers ideally are in response to accurate information on real-time inventory status. This requires a way to collect and store all the data generated by your business in a centralized database that can be appropriately accessed and filtered for both historic and real-time information. That information then can be utilized to create simulations for review before determining which actions to take — intelligent integration of information.
Look for product management software that allows these functions:
- Centralized inventory management
- Inter-store transfer optimization, including “drag and drop”, “many to one” consolidation and full recall functionality
- User assignable attributes for product grouping and precise targeted analysis
- Real-time inventory status regardless of location
- Dynamic style creation including the ability to use multiple dimensions
- Seamless inter-store or inter-company inventory management completely integrated to accounting
- Effective and efficient cost and price management
- Multi-level product hierarchy
Every one of these features is key to ChainDrive’s Product Management component. That component is part of an integrated retail management solution that allows all decisions to be made in the light of accurate information.
When you know what is happening, and you have a way to define parameters for analysis and simulations, decisions regarding transfer optimization are made intelligently. The “from, where, and when” of post-distribution stock movement is simplified by using tools designed specifically for their purpose.