Top Tips For Customer Loyalty Programs
Customer loyalty programs are on the rise. There’s a lot of plastic bulging the sides of wallets and dangling from key chains today. Often, those loyalty cards are not being used, and the retailer is not getting a return on the investment in the loyalty program. ChainDrive gives you a way to see if any of these top tips will be part of your solution:
- The program isn’t what your customer can easily use. It might be hard to figure out how the points accumulate or just plain confusing them.
- You don’t have a digital component that works with a customer’s smartphone and that customer is part of the population that only carries their phone and one card.
- There are too many restrictions on rewards so the program isn’t worth the effort for your customers.
- The incentives you offer are not the incentives that motivate your customer base.
- They forget about the loyalty program before planning shopping trips because there are no newsletters with interesting and useful content, so they delete without reading or get off the mailing list.
- They forget about the loyalty program in the store because there is no well-designed signage.
- There’s no way to reward non-purchase interactions.
- There’s no integration across channels. Online, mobile, and in-store all operate in isolation.
- The customer has no incentive to give input that will give you insight into which aspects of a loyalty program will succeed.
- There isn’t an “elite” factor in your loyalty program that rewards higher or more frequent purchases.
ChainDrive’s Customer Relationship Management software is your best tool in figuring out what type of loyalty programs will work best with your particular customer base. With all the advice on designing a loyalty program, the single most important factor is adequate data. If you don’t have the customer data, you can’t figure out what the problem is or devise the solution that drives your success. If you don’t have the right software, you can’t use the data correctly. But with ChainDrive, you can!