6 Keys to Omnichannel Jewelry Retailing
We have reached the point in jewelry retailing when relying on brick-and-mortar sales is not enough. Thankfully, due to technology, even jewelers can manage multiple retail channels. It’s not easy, but it can be done with a right jewelry business software.
Here are six keys to managing a successful jewelry retail business across multiple channels:
- Allow custom orders through any channel – Serious jewelers have given customers a way to make custom orders at brick-and-mortar locations for years. What is fairly new is the advent of custom ordering online. But customers aren’t just buying broaches and necklaces through websites any more. They are also ordering through mobile apps. If you don’t give them a way to place custom orders, you’ll lose them to your competition.
- Multi-channel product creation – Customers want their own unique creations. Make sure you can manage this process through any retail channel.
- Serialization and warranty management – Jewelry customers are more likely to buy warranties than many other types of retail customers. Make sure you offer warranties and extended warranties through every channel. And track your jewelry with serial numbers across every channel.
- Appraisals – It’s difficult to offer a real honest appraisal online, but it can be done. You may have to have your customer send you their piece, or you can set up appointments locally. However you manage this process, it will make you competitive.
- Repairs – Jewelry repair is something else that is difficult to handle online or through a mobile app, but if you can get your customer to send you the item, you can get it repaired and back in their hands in time for their next big event.
- Manage your cases – Case management is very important for a jewelry. It’s the bottom line on customer service. If you can manage your customers through every channel in which they interact with you, then you’ll be a top-notch jeweler.
Good jewelry retail in this century begins with technology. It’s time for true omnichannel jewelry retailing with ChainDrive jewelry business software and inventory management software.